Randy Seaver from Genea-Musings has assigned another fun genealogy task!
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to find which celebrities that have the same facial features that you (or someone else you choose) have. Here are the directions:
1) Go to http://www.myheritage.com/ - you don't have to be a registered member to use this feature. Click on the "Celebrities and Fun" tab.
2) Click on the "Celebrity Collage" tab, and then on the "Create my Collage" button.
3) Upload a photograph with your face (or another person's face) to the site (the face must be at least 100 x 100 pixels) and click on the "Run face recognition" button.
4) Select a collage template, and the faces (up to 8) to go into the collage template. Click on "Next" and "Preview" your template, which should bring up the template for you to review. You could click on "Save" and it would go off to your selected social networking site.
5) Figure out how to show your collage on your blog or social network site (I have my own process defined below).
6) Tell us which celebrities that you (or your selected person) look alike - write your own blog post, make a comment to this post or on Facebook.
7) Think about how you could use something like this as a Christmas gift.
I've posted my collage on Facebook as well as this blog. I know 3 of the 5 celebrities I "supposedly" look like! What I think would be interesting is how many different celebrities I can be compared to by using different photos of myself. Another interesting twist is to see what is the highest percentage match someone receives. With 72% being my highest now, I have room for improvement! I'm not sure I would not use this as a Christmas gift but I can see it being fun to add to Christmas cards!
Thanks Randy, this was fun to play with!